Focused on Kids and Safety First
The transportation staff is committed to providing a safe, caring and efficient service to the students of the Blue Springs Schools. Students who cannot comply with the following regulations may be denied the privilege of riding the bus.
The latest technology is used to assure our students have the best transportation available and parents can access the information necessary. Transfinder
is a program that allows our parents and students to look up bus stops in the neighborhoods and determine not only the best stop location but the pick-up time. In addition, you may access the list of subdivisions and the attending schools by clicking here. The Transportation Office is located at 200 S.E. U.S. 40, Blue Springs, MO 64014 and may be reached by phone at 816-874-3799.
- The driver is in charge of the students and the bus. Students must obey the driver promptly.
- Classroom conduct is to be observed by the students while riding the bus except for ordinary conversation.
- Students must remain seated and face the front of the bus until their own bus stop is reached. The driver may assign any seat for any student.
- Unnecessary conversation with the driver is prohibited.
- Students must be on time. The bus cannot wait beyond its regular schedule.
- Students riding on an bus other than their assigned bus must bring a signed note from home and have it signed by the principal of their school as well.
- Students cannot get off the bus at any other stop other than their assigned bus stop without permission from parents and the principal.
- Students must not, at any time, extend arms or head out of the bus window.
- Eating or drinking on the bus are not allowed.
- No profanity or smoking allowed on the bus.
- Do not throw any article on the bus or out the windows.
- No animals (including insects and reptiles - dead or alive) allowed on the bus.
- No glass containers are allowed on the bus.
- Pupils who must cross the road after leaving the bus shall cross in front of the bus and only upon signal given by the driver.
- Stand back at the bus stop until the driver opens the door.
- Students must treat each other with mutual respect. verbal or physical harassment will be reported to the principal for necessary action.
- Cell phone use is not permitted on the bus. Rules are posted on each bus.
Bus Route Boundaries
Winter Dress Policy
The Transportation Department reminds you of our winter dress policy for all of our buses in the district. We require that Blue Springs School District students riding any route or trip bus to wear warm clothes, socks, shoes, and a winter coat in order to board the bus. Although we attempt to maintain an excellent and safe fleet of buses, a school bus may experience a problem that forces it to shut down during the route or trip. During the winter months our weather can be extremely cold and unpredictable. Therefore, we ask that you make sure your children are properly dressed for the winter weather. Students riding an extracurricular trip bus are also required to bring a warm blanket. Students who are not properly dressed may be denied bus boarding and transportation services.