About Liggett Trail Education Center (LTEC)
Liggett Trail Education Center is an educational setting designed to address the needs of students ages three through twenty-one years, encompassing
preschool age children who qualify for Early Childhood Special Education and school age Multi-Disabled Special Education students. Emphasis is upon school/parent communication, developmentally appropriate practices, specialized therapies and a team approach that allows each student to work toward his or her potential.
Early Childhood Special Education students are exposed to wide variety of academic and social/emotional learning opportunities through the use of Creative Curriculum, Pathways to Reading, Strong Start, and individual IEP goals.
Multi-Disabled students experience vast learning opportunities through Unique Learning Systems, community based integration trips, and individual IEP goals.
Students also participate in special learning opportunities through visits from the Fire Department, Zoo Mobile and other local performing groups. Students also participate in exciting annual events like Walk & Roll-A-Thon, Family Fun Night, Literacy Night, Kindergarten Transition Night, book fairs, and much more.
Thank you to our local business partners for their continued support.
- Blue Springs Sunset Optimist Club
- Elk Ladies #2509
- Cosentino's Price Chopper
For more information, you can contact Liggett Trail Education Center at (816) 874-3680.
Parents As Teachers (PAT)
Parents As Teachers is a thriving program serving families of the Blue Springs School District. Our team of highly qualified parent educators serve families with children birth-kindergarten.
Parents As Teachers also provide family support through:
- Monthly Group Meetings focused on important parenting topics and interactive parent and child(ren) events
- Regularly scheduled referral/developmental screenings
- Participation in National Parents As Teachers trainings
- Home visits
- Partnering with teen parents
- Semesterly Early Childhood Advisory Meetings with local representatives from community preschools, businesses, etc
For more information about Parents As Teachers call (816) 874-3680.
Early Childhood Parent Teacher Association (ECPTA)
Liggett Trail Education Center is happy to partner with the Blue Springs School District's ECPTA. The ECPTA board members help support the student and staff of LTEC in addition to connecting parents throughout the community through monthly Lunch Bunch activities.
ECPTA also provides support through:
- Monthly board and planning meetings
- Monthly Lunch Bunch outings (touring the police station and fire station, Zoo Mobile, Holiday Lunch, GAGE day, etc.)
- Annual fundraising events
- Annual community outreach events
- Sponsoring a teen parent holiday party
Click Here to View the ECPTA Newsletter
Thank you to the organizations that support ECPTA.
- Cosentino's Price Chopper
- Hello Pediatric Dentistry
- Learning Ladder Preschool
- International Sene Gence: Emmalee Keck
- Party Diva Costume Rentals
- Fullerton CPAs
- Let's Move Saturdays
- Play To Learn Preschool
- Christ United Methodist Church
If you are interested in learning more about ECPTA or would like to become a member or business member call (816) 874-3680. You can also find ECPTA on Facebook.