Faculty and Staff Benefits
Welcome to The Blue Springs School District's Faculty and Staff Benefits page. This page is designed to provide information detailing the benefit programs and options available to you as a valued staff member of The Blue Springs School District.
Open Enrollment begins April 17-May 18!
2018-2019 Employee Benefits Guide
- To make your selections for Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits, please click the Enroll Now button below to be redirected to the Employee Access Center.
Employee Access Center
The Employee Access Center is a web based application that allows employees to view and make changes to their various employment and benefits information. This system allows employees to; update their profile, view their current tax status, view current paystubs make copies of previous paystubs, view their deductions, view their benefits.
Please review the document below for required and optional notices regarding your benefit plan options.
List of Notices in above attachment:
- Notice of Special Enrollment Period
- Medicare Part D Notice
- HIPAA Privacy Notice
- General COBRA Notice
- Women's Health and Cancer Rights Notice
- Premium Assistance under Medicaid and CHIP Notice
Blue Springs School District employees have the ability to pay for benefits on a pre-tax basis. Please see the Summary Plan Description for a more thorough review of the Cafeteria Plan rules and how these benefits can assist you in your financial planning.
We have included, for your reference, Cigna's name for our plans. This will assist you when calling into Cigna customer service or their enrollment line.
- Medical Summary Plan Description (SPD) Updated July 1, 2017
- Medical Plan Side by Side Comparison (Updated, Eff. July 1, 2018)
Prescription Plan Information:
- OAPIN (Formerly known as HMO1)
- POS (OAPBUY) - No longer offered effective July, 2018
Additional Medical Resources:
- Cigna Covered Prescriptions
- If a prescription is not listed, call Cigna Customer Service to confirm coverage.
- Consumer Driven Plan Preventive Drug List
- HMO 1 and POS Preventive Generic Drug List
- Cigna Home Delivery Pharmacy
- Board Paid Life Insurance Certificate
- Supplemental Life Insurance Certificates are supplied by Forrest T. Jones. Please contact FTJ for a copy of your supplemental life insurance policy certificate.
- Beneficiary Designation Form
- Beneficiary Designation forms should be completed, signed, and returned to the Blue Springs School District Benefits Department to the attention of Cindy Lundquist.