2017 - 18 School Year Highlights
- BSSHS’s Nick Herman and Miller Hicks selected to attend the Air Force Chief of Staff Flight Academy Private Pilot Scholarship Program. The Air Force funded scholarships for only 120 AFJROTC cadets worldwide.
- For the sixth consecutive year, Blue Springs South High School Baseball led Missouri Class 5 in team GPA with a 4.02 mark.
- BSHS’s Samantha Baker earns Honorable Mention for NCWIT Aspirations for Computing
- Three students at BSSHS received appointments to military academies.
- BSSHS Tori Findley named Gatorade Missouri Girls Cross Country Runner of the Year
- BSHS Boys Cross Country Coach Frank Gallick selected as the Missouri Boys High School Coach of the Year
- Blue Springs High School Coed Cheerleaders competed in the World School Cheerleading Championships and earned a Silver medal in the championships.
- Blue Springs South High School's Jag TV won the “All Missourian” best in state award for overall broadcast at the annual Missouri State Journalism conference in Columbia.
- BSSHS Jaguar Pride performs at the National Cherry Blossom Festival Parade and ends the parade with a special performance.
- Blue Springs High School students Caleb Shull, Kaity Johnson, Noah Hinton, and Megan Seaton named Academic All-Americans by the National Speech and Debate Association.
- Five National Merit Semifinalists from BSSHS
- BSHS’s Hannah Kassing served as Missouri DECA President
- BSHS’s Alyssa Lawrence served as the District 3 DECA Vice President
- Kelli Morrill, BSSHS, a national teacher of the year through Ziploc
- Jennifer Wilson named the 2018 KC-ACS award for excellence in chemistry education
- BSHS Jacci Young earned a Five Diamond Degree from the National Speech and Debate Association
- DWMS Kathy Asbury selected as Greater Kansas City School Counselor Association's Middle School Counselor of the Year
- Freshman Center’s Jennifer Ewan was awarded the Missouri State Project Lead the Way Engineering Teacher of the Year
- BSSD ranked sixth best district in the state (the best district in KC) by Niche 2018
- WBE named a MO Gold Star School
- WBE recognized as a Leader in Me Lighthouse School of Academic Distinction
- WBE nominated by the state of Missouri to apply for Blue Ribbon School status
- BSHS Speech and Debate program recognized as a Top 100 program in the country. Led by Jacci Young and Adam Higgins, BSHS ranks 35 out of 100 including more than 3,000 schools nationwide.
- BSSHS AFJROTC program selected to receive the AFJROTC Distinguished Unit Award. The fifth year in a row the unit received the prestigious award. This places Blue Springs South as one of the top JROTC units in the nation and marks the 12th year in a row that it received recognition from Air Force JROTC Headquarters.
- BSSHS Debate and Forensics program earns top 100 in the nation
- Voy Spears Jr Elementary named Missouri Gold Star School and National Blue Ribbon School
- CME Stretch Students earn second place and $25,000 from Burns &McDonnell’s Battle of the Brains competition for the project “Magical ”
- DWMS, CME STRETCH and BSHS Battle of the Brains teams make the top 20 of more than 800 entries across the metro.
- BSSHS wins the MSBA Video Contest
- BSSHS’s softball team ranked 15th in the nation for highest weighted team GPA