Faculty and Staff Benefits
Welcome to The Blue Springs School District's Faculty and Staff Benefits page. This page is designed to provide information detailing the benefit programs and options available to you as a valued staff member of The Blue Springs School District.
2018-19 Employee Benefits Guide
- To make your new hire elections for Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits, please click the Enroll Now button below to be redirected to the Employee Access Center. For New Hires through 6/30/2019
Employee Access Center
The Employee Access Center is a web-based application that allows employees to view and make changes to their various employment and benefits information. This system allows employees to; update their profile, view their current tax status, view current paystubs make copies of previous pay stubs, view their deductions, view their benefits.
Please review the document below for required and optional notices regarding your benefit plan options.
List of Notices in the above attachment:
- Notice of Special Enrollment Period
- Medicare Part D Notice
- HIPAA Privacy Notice
- General COBRA Notice
- Women's Health and Cancer Rights Notice
- Premium Assistance under Medicaid and CHIP Notice
Blue Springs School District employees have the ability to pay for benefits on a pre-tax basis. Please see the Summary Plan Description for a more thorough review of the Cafeteria Plan rules and how these benefits can assist you in your financial planning.
We have included, for your reference, Cigna's name for our plans. This will assist you when calling into Cigna customer service or their enrollment line.Prescription Plan Information:
Additional Medical Resources:
- Cigna Covered Prescriptions
- Just because a prescription is not listed does not mean there is not coverage for that prescription. We encourage you to contact Cigna Customer Service to confirm (1 800-244-6224).
- Cigna One Guide (New-July, 2019)
- Cigna Provider Directory
- When using Cigna's online directory, please click on "Select a plan for your search" and use the "Open Access Plus, OA plus, Choice Fund OA Plus" option. This will filter the selections to our network.
- Preventive Guide
- My Cigna
- Cigna Mobile Application
- Qualifying Events
- Unum Accident Insurance
- Unum Critical Illness Insurance
- Unum Educator Select Disability Policy
- Unum Hospital Indemnity Policy
- Voluntary Highlights (New-July, 2019)
- Allstate Accident Insurance (New-July, 2019)
- Allstate Critical Illness Insurance (New-July, 2019)
- Allstate Hospital Indemnity Policy (New-July, 2019)
- The Standard Long-Term Disability (New-July, 2019)
- Board Paid Life Insurance Certificate
- Supplemental Life Insurance Certificates are supplied by Forrest T. Jones. Please contact FTJ for a copy of your supplemental life insurance policy certificate.
- Beneficiary Designation Form
- Beneficiary Designation forms should be completed, signed, and returned to the Blue Springs School District Benefits Department to the attention of Cindy Lundquist.